Examples of available periods, stories and story groups
Norse/Viking and Saxon:
- The beginnings of the worlds, the gods and the giants, the World Tree,
- Tales of Odin, including the gaining of the Runes.
- Stories mainly related to Thor - the contest in the Hall of Uttgard-haloki, the thefts of Mjollnir, fishing for the Midgard Serpent, Thor the reluctant bride.
- Tales about Freya and the gaining and subsequent theft of her necklace Brisingamen.
- Loki's exploits, including the building of the walls of Asgard and the birth of Sleipnir, his terrible offspring with the Giantess Angrboda, and the kidnap and rescue of Iduna.
- The origins of the Titans and the Olympian gods, and their battles.
- Stories of Theseus, his birth, trials, encounter with the Minotaur, Ariadne and Dionysus, and his downfall.
- Prometheus and fire, sacrifices and Pandora's jar.
- The story of Demeter and Persephone, and the origins of the seasons.
- The dual births of Dionysus, his gift to King Midas and his creation of dolphins.
- Tales of Midas - infanthood, the Gift of Gold, and the music competition.
- Tales of the Twins: Apollo and the lyre and his pursuit of Daphne; Artemis and her nymphs - Echo and Narcissus, the hounds of Actæon, Callisto the bear.
- The beginnings of all things - the Ogdoad, Atum, Ptah and Amun.
- Amun and his children - the first Pharaoh Osiris, the gaining of magic by Isis, the slaying of Osiris by Set, the recovery of his body by Isis, and the birth and ascendancy of Horus the Younger.
- The story of Sekhmet and Hathor.
- The journey of the soul and the weighing of the heart
- The beautiful oarswoman and her lost golden lotus.
Well-Loved Tales, including Victorian Tales:
- Molly Whuppie and the Giant.
- The White Snake.
- The Mermaid's Ring.
- The Wild Swans.
- The Coat of many Skins.
- The Brave Little Tailor
- Snow White and Rose Red.
- The Tinderbox
- Duncecap and the Golden Goose
- King Roughbeard.
- Stories about Anansi, the African spider-trickster.
- Animal - themed stories
Scary Stories In Victorian, Georgian or modern Wise Woman costume:
Ghosts and Ghouls, Legends of the Other World, Nautical Ghost Tales - chosen by me to suit the audience, from children to adult.
Can't see a story you need?
Get in touch - I may well be able to research and present it just for you!